In this episode, I talk to Patrick Van Horne, CEO and co-founder of the CP Journal, and co-author of “Left of Bang: How The Marine Corps Combat Hunter Program Can Save Your Life.”
Patrick shares a wealth of valuable and useful information about how to quickly and accurately detect people planning violence, and how to avoid dangerous situations BEFORE they happen.
• The origin of “Left of Bang” in the USMC Combat Hunter program.
• How combat profiling can be applied to normal civilian life.
• The difference between behavior profiling and racial profiling.
• The Four Pillars of behavior, and how to assess them.
• How to identify what’s “normal” in any situation, and how to spot people who are up to no good.
• Ensure situational awareness by asking yourself three specific questions.
• Four categories of behavior that alert you to danger.
• A process to quickly decide WHEN to act, and HOW to act.
• How to spot pre-event indicators in both normal and very crowded environments.
• Equipment-based solutions to threats vs. training-based solutions.
• A “Decision Tree” that civilians can use to stay left of bang.